Girl defiled by an army officer

11:53 17/05/2012 A  13 year old girl is undergoing guiding and counseling after she was allegedly defiled by an Army officer attached at Isiolo school of Armory recently in Meru town.

Narrating the ordeal to the Meru Children officer Ms Jane Kinuthia yesterday, the class 7 pupil said the Army officer trailed her from Isiolo town to Meru town on her way back to school before he commanded her to a lodging.

Accompanied by her parents, said she met the solder who is their neighbor at the Camp, at the Meru bus terminus immediately she alighted from a matatu she had boarded from Isiolo.

She continued to say how the Private Solder posted at 3KA in Nakuru lured her into a boutique within the town at 2.00 pm and bought a trouser and a top before ordering her to change into the new attire and keep the school uniform in the bag.

The student at one of the best private academies in Meru County told the children officer how the Army officer named as Mohammed Hussein Yusuf later took her into one of the lodgings before defiling her the whole night. 

“He asked me not to tell my parents or anybody about the story he promised to give me money if I don’t disclose even to the school principal. He just bought me food and asked me to leave for school the following day,” she said.

Confirming the incident area police boss James Kithuka said Mr. Hussein has recorded statement with the police and once the Military Police are through with the investigation they will handover him to the police to charge him in court.

“The suspect recorded statement yesterday but he is being held by the forces we are finalizing the investigations ready to charge him in court anytime,” said Kithuka.  

Speaking to media the father of the minor who is also an army officer attached at 78 Battalion in Isiolo County, said what he want is justice to her daughter despite many attempts by the family of the culprits to bribe him.

The father who was accompanied by his 41 years old wife said they spent the whole day searching for their child after the school principal alerted them that the kid had not reported to the school.

“I had to wake up at 5.00 am, it was on thursday I went to Meru town to search for my daughter in vain even I reported the matter to the police following her disappearance at 11.00am I received a call from the school principal who asked me to report to the institution since my daughter had reported back,” said the mother Veronica Bosibori.

She said the daughter narrated the story to them before they rushed her to Meru Level five Hospitals for treatment and later reported the matter to the police.

The children officer who condemned the ordeal   however advised all parents to be responsible to their children by taking them to school and picking them from school to avoid rape related incidences.

Mrs.Kinuthia said some girls find themselves in the trap of the men because they are let to walk alone in towns and villages without someone to watch on them adding the victim is undergoing counseling at Ripples International Centre in Imenti North District.